Thursday, February 24, 2005

The power of Groove squared

Perhaps I read more into this than I should, but I have always felt that the effects of using Groove on a person and an organisation can be earth shattering. True, at http://helfrich.typepad.com/michael_helfrichs_weblog/2005/01/the_road_ahead.html Michael Helfrich, in stating his case for starting a new business points the finger at a much more powerful dynamic - close exposure to those on the front line of battle. But the reason he is there is because of that Groove dynamic - at many diferent levels, induding the type of empoyee that Groove Networks attracts, the ethos that goes through its employees, and the life-impacting technology that Groove is.

Having met and spoken to Michael a couple of times it would be hard to argue a bonding. Yet both he and I, and any other hardened Groove person would know that I would be able to have some level of intimacy whilst Grooveing that would be impossible to conceive of via E-mail or so many other collaboration platforms.

Intimacy is an important Groove feature. When you can stay at arm's length from a person then you can divorce yourself from their emotions. Right now I am in dialogue with someone I have never met over Groove who claims to have near death challenges (not Michael). This is a person I have never met, yet wish to. In being an intimate product Groove exposes you, the inner you - it is two-way traffic!

Looking back in time so say, 2002, I had an feeling that Groove the technology was not being fully embraced as a life experience by its own employees. I knew that outside, the partners who are generally smaller organisations were able to embrace the idiom more adeptly. A large organisation takes longer. But I knew, in my heart that Groove themselves could not continue to use and sell Groove the product without fully identifying and accepting the Groove magic. That change has happened over time, employee by employee, thought by thought.

And it is because of this that I can visualize some of where Michael is "at". And in that I say, respect & good luck to the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home