Monday, March 21, 2005

Does Sharing imply Caring?

I have been staggered at the supportive efforts of people with whom I have communicated over Groove. From my side I also try to give that same kind support wherever and whenever. In my mind this is part of what this wacky technology is about. And that, perhaps I am naive, is why I do not mind any military person or group getting access to this technology. If a future redefinition of the word "military" moves towards the term caring, can that be a bad thing? If the sub-plot of Groove is to become a supportive influence across groups, across societies, across strife torn zones.

Groove is not alone here: there are other new technologies such as Wiki, Blogs and more that are redefining how we communicate and opening up new and useful options. Conflict breaks out when communication breaks down. Bring in a range of proven technologies that provide a breadth of techniques to maintain the slightest strand of talks open at least, and with any glimmer of hope actually provide a framework to move those talks forward, even to the stage when people can communicate verbally.

In my book sharing does imply caring, and making a sometimes subtle, yet almost always positive difference to society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home